Wednesday 19 March 2014

Burning desire to write a poem

He just wanna smoke and fuck, so I guess we both speak Hebrew
Now he talking my language, but would it work when I ain’t Jew?
Rents due late, and so’s your love when we come through,
In due time we’ll cash all these memories
Stack all these memories, in my mind bank full of sanity
But your back’s turned to face me,
Face screwed up, back stabbing, always injure me
Injuries that A&E can’t stitch up, see...
The threads getting thicker, my words are getting quicker,
The bloods just iron bars, pump fist I'm a prisoner
In this dark world, I walk but run to find cover
Under my cover, stand cover when my eyes close,
The only warmth was your hand and now it’s the fire that’s under me
Ash in my eyes, sting from the morgue
Where our past lays, ashes to ashes,
No dust to dust,
Cos the dust is in my lungs, I suffocate in the prison,
But the bars break-up like us,
Like me, like you, like what the fuck
Fuck feelings, flippin' weight on my sanity,

And your carcass rots as I run free. 

-Asma Qureshi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.